Saturday, November 10, 2007

Gratitude and Missing Sock Mojo

Thanks everyone for your comments and emails on my last post. It occurred to me later that perhaps that wasn't the best title for a post in which I announce my impending divorce. Really, I am doing fine. Phoebe's comment (wish I could figure out how to link to a comment) involving the "frogging a project that just isn't working at all" metaphor really is spot on. I've always been one to stick with things even when it's clear something's not right (everyone together, now ... "Simple Knitted Bodice!"). I have learned the hard way, though, that some things that are broken cannot be fixed. And Tricia's comment as well was exactly right; once the first big hard step was taken, the subsequent steps have not been nearly as hard.

I am trying to respond personally to everyone's comments ... if you haven't heard from me, it's likely because you left your comment recently, or I can't find an email address for you. I am so grateful for your warm thoughts and support!

Meanwhile, I am Woefully Late in sending a sock to a friend. It was supposed to be with her last week, and I have not finished it. The Sox Boycott of 2007 didn't help, but frankly, I've also had more than my share of sock knitting problems with this project. Gauge issues. Bad yarn-pattern combo. And then another bad yarn-pattern combo. And now, we might be back to gauge problems. Or at least size problems. Sigh.

So, naturally, I want to work on anything else. But knitting my lovely red cables when someone is waiting induces much knitterly guilt. Maybe the procrastination doesn't count if I'm crocheting?

Sedge Stitch Washcloth (Ravelry link), pattern by Lion Brand. Inspired by brainylady.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Dr. B. said...

Cute washcloth! And glad you're feeling the bloggy support for all you're going through.

Also, smart to switch it up to crochet to make sure you're guilt-free. But you know what? I'll bet the person who's waiting for socks would totally want you to be doing exactly what you're doing. Unless that person is completely sockless. If that's the case, there are a bunch of other problems there that, frankly, you don't have the hands to take on right now. Just saying. Right? Ok, then.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Things have a way of working themselves out and I can see where the knitting mojo has gone too. Hugs:)

11:17 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

I am so sorry to hear of your new found singleness. It can't be easy--even if it is the right thing to do. Much love and good wishes to you and the boys. *hugs*

12:19 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I like the washcloth! It looks like it will work well.

I'm glad to hear that you are at peace with all the changes going on in your life. Change and transitions are hard, even if they are the right.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soooo far behind on the blogs I didn't even know about your Big Frogging Event.

Best of luck getting through. You sound positive and upbeat, which is the best way to deal.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home