Friday, October 14, 2005

The Definition of "Stash"

President Clinton would be proud.

I have photographed my stash. Of course, it all depends on your definition of stash. For my purposes, stash does not include:

(1) partial balls left over from random projects
(2) yucky acrylic that you wish you had never bought, because with the money you spent on all that acrylic, you could have bought, like, one skein of cashmere
(3) stuff you have no intention of using and plan to give away/throw away/eBay.

Also not pictured here is my Rowan Felted Tweed, which I'm using for the Weasley sweaters. Not a great picture, but hey, it's the best I can do with kids in the house.

Highlights: There's quite a bit of Lion Brand Wool-Ease, which I am not embarrassed to admit I actually like, and there are 13 balls of Cotton-Ease too. (Hoarding? Who's hoarding?) There's a lone hank of Colinette Giotto that I bought for $15 on eBay, whilst forgetting that I hate to knit with ribbon. I have a ridiculous amount of TLC Cara Mia and Katia Diana, which are basically the same yarn. The lovely wine stuff in the corner is Cascade 220 for my Kepler. The Lamb's Pride in the front is for sweaters for the boys. The purple stuff in the near foreground is Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk (sigh) that might become a Vintage Velvet scarf (from Scarf Style). There's also my gift for joining Rowan International -- two balls of Kidsilk Haze in Trance, which is the most lovely teal color I have ever seen. The pale green stuff is Rowan Summer Tweed.

OK, so I did it! Christine has begged me not to tag her with this. So, I will show mercy. If you are the exhibitionist sort, and want to flash, consider yourself tagged. But Carla and Olga. You are most definitely tagged.

In other Socktoberfest news, I have washed and dried the Vineyard socks. Oh. My. God. They are so soft and comfy! And I thought they were nice before. (Is it gross to wear your socks without washing them first? I mean, they go on your feet.)

And for a bit of blog promotion...You all know how I feel about bleak, cold, green places. Through Alison's blog, I found Carola's blog, "Sheep and No City." She lives in Iceland. She knits amazing socks. And she is really funny. You must check it out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

what?! how did you know about my exhibitionist streak? what have you heard????

anyway, chica, the problem isn't really flashing my stash...it's finding a clear place in my apartment to lay everything out. this means I have to clean. damn you.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

I love your stash! and b/c of you i am really going to make my sweater vest out of woolease..i consider this your recommendation :) i plan to get my hands on cara mia one of these days.. is it super soft?

2:02 AM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

You got some nice yarn there, chica! I really love the color of the Cascade - yummy!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see some purple fibers....yummy!
AND thanks for sparing me the stash uncovering. I AM going to take a picture of the "giant yarn basket" that sits right next to my end of the sofa. It could easily house a small child......

4:36 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

Stashers are supporting our economy and should be recognized for such. I am glad to know you exclude acrylic from the stash count. I intend to use the same criteria for gauging my stash. Thanks for sharing with fellow addicts!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home