Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Embarassment of Riches

Boy, are we feeling the love at Chez Affiknitty! In the past two days, I have received not one, but two RAK packages. Bizarro coincedence -- each RAK was from a different Sarah from Ontario. This confirms what I have long suspected. Canadians are way nicer than average.

Yesterday, I got this fab Cascade Fixation (!!) from Sarah from Ottawa. I have been dying to give this sock yarn a try. Now, it's Socktober (right, Lolly?) and I've got some groovy purple sock yarn. Looks like I'm going to be a little bit rock and roll! (If you were born after 1975 or so, or your parents didn't let you watch Friday night television as a kid, you are not going to get that reference. It's for us thirty-something-and-up knitters.)

This morning I posted my RAK thank you at the Knittyboard and took down my wishlist. Because, really, two RAKs is enough. (I got one from Chrissy a while back.) Then, this afternoon, what did I find? Another package! Sarah from Etobicoke sent me all this! First, that's some Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk, in my favorite color! There's a skein of Rowan All Seasons Cotton. I now have a few partial skeins and two whole ones, so I'm thinking maybe I can make a hat. Then, there's a ball of Schoeller Esslinger Merino Soft and a ball of Filatura di Crosa Zara in the most gorgeous dark red. I was just today admiring this Zara at the Yarnmarket site. Plus, she sent me a great-looking book, Fall on Your Knees, and the cutest stitch markers ever. I think we might need a close-up of those stitch markers. Too cute.

I was having kind of a crummy beginning of the week, just stressed about this and that. I was sorely tempted on more than one occasion today to self-medicate with a big ole yarn binge. And now I don't have to. Thanks Sarah and Sarah!

4 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

"And as long as my heart will beat, lover we'll always meet
Here in my deep purple dreams
Here in my deep purple dreams"

I loved Donny Osmond so much when I was, hmm, about 8. I seriously thought I was going to marry him. Seriously!

12:55 AM  
Blogger soapy said...

Neat yarns! Remember not to strech the fiaxtion when knitting. knit loosely
You certainly got a nice stash to play with! Enjoy! ;o)

8:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those are the best stitch markers I have seen. Congrads!

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO GLAD that someone else feels the need to counter bad days with big ol' yarn binges! Somehow, knowing that other people do such a thing lessens the guilt. A little.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home