Happy Birthday Mr. A!
1. He has been known to take his coffee, in a travel mug, into the shower.
2. His writing was anthologized in a book along with a work by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
3. Every August, he is sure that the Redskins will go to the Super Bowl, but by November he usually denies that he ever said that.
4. He was born and raised in the District of Columbia.
5. If you met him at a social event, you would never guess that he is a litigator that kicks butt and takes names.
6. In high school, he was the captain of the basketball team.
7. Nickname: "G-Money." Real name: same as one of the Brady Bunch.
8. He likes to make fun of the music I like, but I recently found one of my Coldplay CDs in his car stereo.
9. Our first date was for lunch, at a bagel place.
10. Once he drove me over four hours round trip, from Charlottesville to DC and back, in one evening, so that I could get my favorite dessert at my favorite dessert place.
11. He seems very serious, but can be super silly with the Little Guys.
12. He is a way awesome dad. What he has done for the Little Guys in terms of personal sacrifice is amazing, just take my word for it.
13. He did not freak out when he saw the picture of the stash.
14. I recently had the following conversation with him:
(Listening to radio program in which Tailin, Estonia is mentioned.)
Me: I'd like to go to Estonia some day.
Mr. A: Why?
Me: They have a very rich knitting tradition.
Mr. A (with straight face): I hear Hawaii has a rich knitting tradition.
15. He is 35 years old today! Happy Birthday, sweetheart!