Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Happy Birthday Mr. A!

Today is Mr. affiknitty's birthday! Yay! To celebrate, some fun facts about the Man of My House:

1. He has been known to take his coffee, in a travel mug, into the shower.

2. His writing was anthologized in a book along with a work by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

3. Every August, he is sure that the Redskins will go to the Super Bowl, but by November he usually denies that he ever said that.

4. He was born and raised in the District of Columbia.

5. If you met him at a social event, you would never guess that he is a litigator that kicks butt and takes names.

6. In high school, he was the captain of the basketball team.

7. Nickname: "G-Money." Real name: same as one of the Brady Bunch.

8. He likes to make fun of the music I like, but I recently found one of my Coldplay CDs in his car stereo.

9. Our first date was for lunch, at a bagel place.

10. Once he drove me over four hours round trip, from Charlottesville to DC and back, in one evening, so that I could get my favorite dessert at my favorite dessert place.

11. He seems very serious, but can be super silly with the Little Guys.

12. He is a way awesome dad. What he has done for the Little Guys in terms of personal sacrifice is amazing, just take my word for it.

13. He did not freak out when he saw the picture of the stash.

14. I recently had the following conversation with him:

(Listening to radio program in which Tailin, Estonia is mentioned.)

Me: I'd like to go to Estonia some day.

Mr. A: Why?

Me: They have a very rich knitting tradition.

Mr. A (with straight face): I hear Hawaii has a rich knitting tradition.



15. He is 35 years old today! Happy Birthday, sweetheart!

9 Comments:

Blogger Glaistig said...

Happy Birthday to your hubster (aka G-Money) from me (another Washingtonian by birth and coffee fanatic)!

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Mr. Affiknitty - you look like a litigator..:)!

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had me at coffee in the shower! Happy Birthday Mr. A!

Oh and the 4 hour dessert trip was super cool as well! Sounds like a keeper to me!

11:06 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Coffee in the shower?!? And I thought we were crazy about java in the Northwest. . . whew!
Happy Birthday, Mr. Affiknitty!

3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to him!

But, uh... Go Cowboys!

*ducks*

10:50 AM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Happy birthday, Mr. A! Love the fun facts - esp. the coffee in the shower. I hope my hubby doesn't read this and get any ideas... The Hawaii thing gave me a good chuckle as well! Too funny.

Also, don't be ashamed of your addiction to Wool Ease. It's the Budweiser of yarns - it might not win any awards, but it gets the job done!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

happy Birthday G-Money! I love that he drinks coffee in the shower. I'm told that cold beer or popsicles are also a nice treat with a hot shower.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Carola said...

My belated birthday greeting to Mr. A! What a great guy, coffee in the shower and knitting in Hawaii... Make sure to keep him!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my best woman's man.

Now that's a sentence one doesn't say (or type)often.

Cheers - we're now the same age!

Love,
Kara

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home