Tuesday, November 29, 2005

More Random Thoughts

Thanks everyone for the nice encouragement on Kepler, or as Kim put it, the KepLaura. (Love it!) It's moving along, since I'm only working on that.

Thanks Mariko for the nice compliment about my cable skills. But I have to 'fess up! My cables have holes and tight/loose stitches too! As you may know, I started Kepler many moons ago. I did a bit of the cable band and then, like the kids in the Seuss story, it sat and sat and sat. And, lo and behold, when I picked it up again, the cables were all even and the holes were gone! Amazing! Moral of the story: Time Heals All Wonky Stitches.

Kathy mentioned that she, too, had picked up some Cascade 220 in color #9341, which is what I am using for Kepler. May we gush for a moment? It is gorgeous. It is so deliciously winey, but also has these intriguing little bits of teal. Or at least mine does.

Sooo, in the Stupid Celebrity Crush Department...the Rob Thomas mention garnered enthusiasm, at least from some quarters. Hmmm. I don't know. He's not tall, dark, and British or Australian enough for me. You know, I think it all started with The Sound of Music. I mean, there are probably American Catholic girls who didn't have their first crush on this guy, but I sure don't know them.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mintyfresh said...

Clive Owen . . . drool . . .

3:06 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

No Capt. von Trapp crushes for me. Gene Kelly in anything. That was my singing and dancing crush

3:44 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I had a thing for Cary Grant. Nice....

3:58 PM  
Blogger chris said...

I love your kids in the Seuss story reference! We just read that one this morning. And in your Celebrity Crush department, I'm Japanese non-denominational, but that still didn't stop me from having a crush on Capt. von Trapp! Until I saw a recent interview with him, where he said that was the cheesiest, most nauseating role he'd ever played. Talk about disillusioning! And I'm with you on the Clive Owen crush, too. Throw in a little Denzel and Hugh Grant for good measure. Oh, and hot Japanese main character dude in historical drama. ;-)

4:07 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

I'm pretty partial to Colin Firth, meself... I also freely admit to having a huge crush on Cascade 200. Yummy!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Oh! New banner! I love it! Man, I need a cute banner too.

I gotcha on the tall and dark part, but for some reason I tend to stay local. John Cusack, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Jakob Dylan (all J's! how weird!). Sigh.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this Rob Thomas of that band (Matchbox 20, maybe?) or Rob Thomas, creator of the really excellent TV shows Veronica Mars and Cupid? Because the former, I'm kind of meh about, but the latter's ability to write snappy dialogue leaves me weak in the knees.

Or is this some other Rob Thomas I'm too stupid to know about? That's it, isn't it?

12:08 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

hmm, after seeing clive owen in closer, I get creeped out. he must be a great actor though. I like mine a bit more romcom but still english y'know? Okay, shoot me, but I crush on hugh grant and a bit on owen wilson. just love the crooked nose and extreme drawl.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

Thanks for the suggestion of using cascade 220 for kepler! whay didn't i think of that!!! I know what you mean about going back to cables after a few months...i did that with irish hiking scarf and my knitting is magically gotten better?

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home