Monday, November 21, 2005

Potter Day, and Coldplay

So, I didn't get much knitting done yesterday. We took the boys to the Natural History Museum, and then down to Grandma and Grandpa's so that we could see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It was so, so, so good. Each movie gets better than the last. Although, I have to say, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint are starting to look noticeably older than Harry and Ron. Too many muscles for 14-year-olds. Hope that didn't sound too weird in a Nicole Kidman movie sort of way.

In other big entertainment news, ask me what I'm doing the day after my birthday. Come on, ask me. Ok, ok, Laura, what are you doing? I'm going to see Coldplay in concert!!! (Barely containing excitement.) We got the tickets yesterday, and as G says, I'm liable to perseverate about it for the next four months.

Anyhoo... Amanda asked how I would knit Kepler as a raglan completely in the round. Well, in true Affiknitty fashion, I'm not really sure. But I think I can knit the sleeves in the round to the armholes, join it with the body, and knit the top sort of like an Elizabeth Zimmermann seamless yoke sweater. Only I would concentrate the decreases at the arms, rather than spacing them evenly around the yoke. Does that make sense? We'll see if it works.

I really doubt it will be done for Thanksgiving dinner. But, G and I are going to another concert with my parents on Friday night. My aunt's mate is Anna Nalick's drummer, and they'll be in town Friday opening for Rob Thomas. So we're all going to see Ronny. That should be fun, and perhaps I'll be wearing my Kepler then!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

oh so envious of your coldplay tickets. great birthday present! who are you going with?

10:10 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

I haven't seen the whole Harry Potter series (I know! don't stone me!) but based on the posters, I have to agree with you. Although I do have a soft spot for Rupert Grint, in a Mrs. Robinson kind of way. ;-)

10:17 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

I think I can wrap my head around that. It sounds like a great technique. I definitely need to get my hands on some EZ books! :)

11:16 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

Coldplay and Harry Potter? Can I come too? Please?

I can't wait to see your Kepler. The cable pattern looks rather hypnotizing!

12:11 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Like Olga, I haven't seen the HP series yet, though I've been meaning to! The books are waiting patiently on the shelf, too. (You can stone me now!) Coldplay concert- just you and your husband??! I wouldn't be able to sleep for the next four months! I'm so happy for you! BTW, I feel sickly compelled to rent this Nicole Kidman movie now- my curiosity's been piqued!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home