Thursday, November 10, 2005

Three Blog Thursday

For some reason(s), I haven't actually done that much knitting lately. But I've been thinking about Carolyn's meme, and I have followed it with great interest around Knitblogland. Some people have said that they didn't want to say what their favorite blogs were, for fear of leaving someone out, etc. That made me feel a little bad -- I have visited many blogs lately and thought, I should have mentioned this one.

Also, I've started reading so many blogs via Bloglines, that I decided just to link to my blogroll rather than list 60 blogs on my sidebar. But that made me feel a little bad, too, because it is (1) fun to see your blog on someone's sidebar and (2) fun to promote other people's blogs. Hence, Three Blog Thursday. Every Thursday, I am going to give a shout out to three blogs that I read and love. I am going to try to stick to ones that aren't terribly well-known. You don't need me to tell you Aunt Purl is funny, but doesn't apparently knit much. So, without further ado...

1. See Eunny Knit. Eunny's blog has everything you would want in a knitblog: beautiful photos, great writing, many FOs. Her blog also appeals to me because she knits the sort of thing that I would like to knit, or would if there were any point. If that's not enough, I just have two words for you: Norwegian Stockings.

2. Pepperknit. First of all, Minty's banner is just too darn cute. Second, being one of those monogamous-to-one-project kind of knitters, she inspires Affiknitty to be a More Committed Knitter. Third, she is an amazingly skilled knitter, unafraid of all-over cables or knitting endless stockinette on very small needles. Also, we have figured out that we apparently have a common regular reader in Madrid. If you are that person, could you leave one of us a comment? We would love to know who you are! And see your blog!

3. Yo La Tejo. I don't remember how I first found Olga's blog. But I knew right away, I had found a kindred soul. A literature grad student (which I wish I had been) who also went through a sort-of-Goth-Depeche-Mode-Black-Celebration phase, a fellow lefty who nonetheless loves beautiful shoes, she is a fantastic knitter whom I am glad to have met in Knitblogland. (Is that right, whom? She could tell me.) We started blogging at about the same time, so I feel as if I've been in this with her from the start. In addition to knitting content, on Yo La Tejo, you also get dispatches from West Texas and social commentary on such travesties as Katrina (see lefty link above) and Prada Marfa. What more could you want? Well, she could post more often. Love ya, chica! ::wink::

So, check 'em out. Say Laura sent you. Hope you find another "must-read!"

7 Comments:

Blogger Mintyfresh said...

Aw, thanks for mentioning me! You're too sweet. I'm surprised you like my banner--I've considered changing it, or at least trying to get a better shot of the work.

PS to our Madrid reader: You're so loyal, I'd definitely love to know if you have a blog of your own that I could read.

4:13 PM  
Blogger wittyknits said...

Just so you know, there is a way to use javascript to display your Bloglines reading list on your sidebar. If you're interested, let me know, and I can email you the code to do this. I'm at pixiegrrl24 AT yahoo DOT com.

--Amy

4:18 PM  
Blogger chris said...

This is a great idea, Laura! I feel the same way about that meme- so many great blogs that I forgot to include that are now a part of my must-read list. Thanks for all the great links- I'll be checking these wonderful ladies out!

7:57 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Yeah, okay, just what I need - more blogs to read!

BTW - I really want to join your hat-along, but I'm just drowning here and I'm afraid I'm going to become one of those people who joins knit-alongs just for the button on my sidebar... If you keep it going after Christmas, I'm all over it!!!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Oh, Laura! Your post brought tears to my eyes! I'm so incredibly touched that you mentioned me, and by all the work you put into linking to the different posts we all had on different topics.

I have to give a shout-out to YOU, soul sistah...all the love you put into your own blog, PLUS posting thoughtful, supportive comments on other people's blogs, PLUS starting the hatalong, and NOW coming up with Three Blog Thursday! In addition to knitting and designing and raising Little Guys! Sheesh hamaneesh, lady. You are totally amazing.

BTW, I, too, have a reader in Madrid! Who is this person????

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might be that reader in Madrid! At least, I read you, and Minty (pepperknit) and Olga (Yo la tejo).

There might also be some other readers from this city, tho :)

6:53 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Great idea! I'm busy subscribing to this week's 3 blogs right now.

This knit blog thing is just amazing to me. I could keep track of my projects w/o the blog, but this community of like-minded people is just so cool. I love the communal aspects of knitting and how it ties us to knitters past and present.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home