Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Hee Hee!



Pattern: Nautilus, by Anna Bell, with obvious modifications.
Yarn: One skein of Koigu KPPPM, color number P850.
Needles: 2.5 mm Addi Turbo 40 inch circular needle
Size: 3.25" wide unstretched, 8.25" long (fits my US size 7.5 foot)
My gauge: about 9 sts per inch over st st

So, I started these socks ages ago. I got about two-thirds done with the leg on the first sock -- the pattern is written toe-up -- and got bored with the lace pattern. I put them away for awhile. The other day, I decided that this being Blue June and all, I really ought to pull them back out.

Also, I originally had three skeins of this lovely blue Koigu. I started thinking (which often results in disaster, but this time fortunately did not). If I frogged back, and turned this sock into a footie, I might be able to squeeze two of them out and still have enough yarn to make a whole other pair of socks. And it worked! As you can see, I had very, very little left from that skein.

Bonus -- I finally fulfill my obligation for What's Your Skein!

Is that "extreme lace knitting?" You be the judge.

16 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Extreme lace knitting indeed! Very pretty footies you have there. And look how close you came on yarn!

9:19 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, holy moly, look at the mere inches of yarn you have left. That's extreme all right! *whew*

9:33 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

OMG, you are a miracle worker!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

woo hoo! I love it when there's just inches left over. i feel like I've made the best use of my yarn. nice job!

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are too cute! way to go!

now i now what to do with that one single koigu skein i have.

4:59 AM  
Blogger jennie said...

so bright and summery! They're terrific... I'd totally be afraid to run out of yarn. Not much fo an adventure knitter, myself.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Great footies, but you must have been sweating it at the end! Definitely extreme knitting.

10:05 AM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

So cute! And quite impressive of you to get anything wearable out of a single skein of Koigu!

Now I'm sorry that I clicked on your blog, because now I'm going to have to try to remember to add your two socks to sock-a-month... Gah! If it doesn't show up this weekend, assume I've forgotten and feel free to remind me. I have the brain power of a gnat these days...

6:50 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Wow. That's cutting it close! Love the color!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

very cute! love the blue color kppm!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Those socks are so pretty and blue. I'm not participating in Project Spectrum myself, but so far I'm loving the blues!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Wow, that's amazing. Look at all you had left! I'd be freaking out the entire last half of the sock.

That Shetland Triangle looks pretty too.

Anyways, I came from Theresa's blog where you mentioned you ordered Hempathy from WEBS. Me too. Any chance you've gotten yours? I've been waiting for 5 weeks and I hear they (Elsabeth Lavold) oversold it.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Carola said...

That must have been extreme suspense for you coming so close to the end of the skein. Wonderful post, I like the new banner and how you squeezed all these themes in it for one tiny cute pair of socks

4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job using up most of the yarn - what're going to do with that last piece...? ;o)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Genius plan! Cute socks!

I so need to buy some koigu….

2:40 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

Exquisite socks! I believe that they are the type a mermaid would fancy when she's ashore on two feet.

You're living on the (yarn) edge, baby!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home