Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Instant Blog Content

I've taken out all the questions about who is least likely/most likely to respond, etc. Because I really think I am the last person to hop on this meme.

1. FIRST NAME? Laura

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Nope.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Um, sometime last week.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Sure.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Very thinly shaved ham, also known as chip-chop ham.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes. I have a great music collection.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? You're reading it.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Only with inducement of the sizable and monetary variety.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Granola, with plain yogurt and sliced bananas.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? I very rarely wear shoes that tie.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I think I am tough, in the sense that I feel I can endure a lot, which is sort of the same thing.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Peppermint.

14. SHOE SIZE? 7 or 7.5.

5. RED OR PINK? Do you really have to ask?

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? That I worry excessively about whether I have offended or angered people that I like, and that I apologize too much. They're obviously related.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My sisters and my best friend Kara. They live far away.

18. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Tan skirt, cream colored blouse, brown sweater, brown boots.

19. LAST THING YOU ATE? Cheese and crackers last night for dinner.

20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My iPod on shuffle.

21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Actually, I think I'd be midnight blue.

22. FAVORITE SMELLS? Ozone in the air, cut grass, sauteing onions, coffee brewing.

23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My mom and Olga.

24. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Whether they can laugh. Their smile.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM? Yep, Olga's a peach.

26. FAVORITE DRINK? A caipirinha, if we're talking alcohol. Diet Cherry Coke, if we're not.

27. FAVORITE SPORT? I don't play sports, but I like to watch baseball and basketball.

28. EYE COLOR? Blue.

29. HAT SIZE? No clue. Small? Medium?

30. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes.

31. FAVORITE FOOD? My favorite meal would be steak au poivre, medium rare, with pommes frites (Belgian fries), a green salad with vinaigrette and warm goat cheese, and a lot of red wine.

32. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings.

33. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter.

34. HUGS OR KISSES? Both.

35. FAVORITE DESSERT? Creme brulee.

36. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? With No One as Witness by Elizabeth George. Knitting Around by Elizabeth Zimmermann.

37. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? Don't have one.

38. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? As my three-year-old would say, "the newses."

39. FAVORITE SOUNDS? My sons laughing. Thunderstorms.

40. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? No question, the Beatles. This leads to two important follow-up questions!

40 (a). JOHN, PAUL, GEORGE, OR RINGO? There is only one correct answer: John. Partial credit given for "Maybe George."

40(b). RUBBER SOUL OR REVOLVER? Rubber Soul.

41. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Probably Europe when I lived in Washington, or the States when I lived in Brazil. I'd have to check the mileage!

42. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Nearly irrational optimism and always seeing the bright side.

43. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Akron, Ohio.

44. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Snagged it from Olga and many others.

10 Comments:

Blogger jennie said...

See, we have so much in common (I love this meme, by the way). I also love caipirinhas. Second only to whiskey as my fav alcoholic beverage. Cut grass and coffee? Also two of my favorite smells. Love both Rubber Soul and Revolver, but would probably put Rubber Soul first. However, GEORGE is definitely the best Beatle. ;)

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Cherry coke, pomme frites, midnight blue, and peppermint ice cream! (though i didn't answer peppermint ice cream, i am partial to it . . .)

10:44 AM  
Blogger Kate A. said...

Some questions: 1. Do you always dress this well when you blog? 2. What's a caipirinha? 3. What were you doing in Brazil?

Also, not that I should be surprised given how much I respect your musical taste, but I am SO with you on the sub-questions to #40!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Oh, this is where we will finally have to diverge...Revolver, definitely. ;-)

12:42 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, your favorite meal is making me hungry! :)

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I discovered caipirinhas a few years ago, and now I love them too.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Oh, no, I'm definitely last!q

8:21 AM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

What a great meme! I'm with Msubulldog: I am absolutely starving for a steak and pommes frites now. . . . Hmm, I'm wondering what ozone (03) smells like.

9:36 AM  
Blogger knitannie said...

Now I wish I could change my favourite meal to Steak au Poivre. We had it in this awesome bistro in Paris. The waitresses were old Parisians who looked like they smoked 40 a day and wore frilly white pinafore aprons. It was amazing.
Also, I live on cheese and crackers. That is what I have for lunch probably 4 days out of 5. It takes 2 seconds to make and gets into your mouth quickly and can be eaten one handed (and shared with a toddler). She eats a LOT better than I do.

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for optimism and steak au poivre with frites (it is supposed to be breakfast time and now i totally want steak). thank you for visiting me, and for commenting with the link that sent me over here!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home