I didn't mean to let a week go by without blogging. But I have finished things to show!Pattern
: Basically Jaywalkers, except on 52 sts in DK weight. With no ribbing at the top. And a short row heel.Yarn
: Cider Moon Glacier in Cherry on Top (my new favorite colorway of all time!)Needles
: 3.0mm Addi Turbo circulars
Inspired by all the ripply goodness around the blogosphere, I knew I wanted some sort of wavy or chevron-type pattern. I tried several different stitch patterns, then finally settled on an adapted Jaywalker. I left off the ribbing so that it would be very ripply at the top. These are quite short little anklets and I love them. They are posing on a quilt that my great-grandmother made.
And here is the finished Patchwork Purse. It's blanket stitched together with lime embroidery floss, which I then whipped with purple. It looks pretty cute. Really, it's just lousy sewing, but hey, we all have to start somewhere. I left off the buttons; I may add a snap or other closure later.Annie
both tagged me for the 7 random things about me meme. So here ya go!
1. I own at least ten of those Putamayo world music CDs
. This embarrasses me a little, because it smacks of that inauthenticity thing, but I love them. Right now, this one
is my favorite.
2. At the rate S & J are going, I estimate that I will have seen this movie
well over 200 times by the end of the summer.
3. Other than yarn (ahem), I have several small "collections." I collect teapots and teacups, things related to or picturing Paris, and 1940s-1960s Betty Crocker cookbooks. Oh, also ... I have a little problem with handbags and shoes.
4. I was 27 when I first got a driver's license and 32 before I drove a car on a regular basis.
5. Favorite domestic chores: grocery shopping and laundry. Least favorites: yardwork and cleaning the bathtub.
6. Jobs I have, at one time or another, had: babysitter, salesperson in a candy store, tax attorney, policy analyst, telephone fundraiser for my college, legislative assistant, salesperson in an American handcrafts store. Jobs that I have, at one time or another, wished
I had: high school English teacher, bookseller, FBI agent, LYS owner, idle wealthy international jetsetter, restaurant owner, broadcast journalist (when I was 12!), rare book librarian.
7. My favorite time of day is between about 5 and 8 pm, on a clear summer evening.
And if you're game to play, you seven are tagged! Amy
, Kate A.
, and Melinda
.ETA: I have no idea how I, comment whore that I am, managed to disable comments, but it's fixed now.
Labels: Meme-oranda, My Passion for Socks, Sewing Sort Of